The Department of Marine Engineering college aims to train the best marine engineering graduates for the marine industry. Along with providing a broad based knowledge in theory, the students are exposed to the marine equipments by providing visits to ships and repair yards The educational objectives of our graduate program are to produce graduates who:
- Understand the essential requirements of a marine engineer working on board ship.
- Will be able to apply their theoretical knowledge to solve problems arising during their career.
- Are sensitive to the environment, social, safety and possess a strong commitment to ethical practice within that context and also contribute socially.
- Are able to communicate their ideas and positions clearly and concisely both orally and in working.
- Are aware of the requirement for and possess the ability to engage in life long learning which will be necessary for continuing high performance in whatever career path they choose.