Being a fully residential Program, Hostel facilities for the cadets consist of well designed new dormitories. It is mandatory for all cadets to stay in hostel. This way the cadets get a feel of things that will prepare them well for their career at sea. In line with industry standards, the college has built up a well-furnished hostel, managed by an experienced in-house warden. Each room is furnished with closets, study-table, chairs, cots with beds etc. and each houses two cadets.
Realizing the importance of good health and physical fitness of a merchant navy officer, a well-equipped modern gymnasium has been setup with well-qualified and experienced instructors.
Highlights of the hostel facilities:
- -Hostel building for boys and girl cadets.
- -24-hours fresh water supply.
- -Hot water supply during morning routines.
- -Recreation rooms on every floor and projection
- television at the hostel.
- -Coolers with aqua-guard in every wing of hostel
- and dining hall.
- -Well-furnished rooms with complete bedding.
- -24-hours manned by hostel boys and wardens.
- -A well-equipped modern gymnasium with trained
- -Medical inspection room with well-qualified
- doctors. For emergency purpose tie-up with
- nearby hospital with ambulance facility.
- -Mess facility with quality and nutritious food.
- -For maintaining discipline in hostel various method
- are used like awarding and deducting credit marks
- and night muster.
- -Everyday, the evening is utilized for hair cut and
- dress inspection with parade drills.
- -Holidays are utilized for various extra and
- cocurricular activities like marathon, industrial
- visits,picnic and trekking.
- -Laundry facility twice a week.