"Electricity Saved is Electricity Generated"
Man and marine life have seen unbelievable changes in past few decades. From the row boats and sail boats to steam powered ships and today to the state-of-art gas turbine operated ships Marine technology has witnessed colossal changes. The modern ship is almost feather touch operated with a major stress on the Electrical facade of the modern machines. To groom excellence in Marine Engg., MANET has established modern state-of-art electrical laboratory to meet and overcome these challenges.
The laboratory is equipped with modern Electrical machines and various types of electrical instruments-
- Paralleling of alternators: The working model of two identical alternators driven by D.C. shunt motors consists of phase sequence indicator, frequency meters, voltmeters, synchroscope used to make satisfactory parallel operation of alternators on board ship. The experimental set is provided with various protective system and safety devices.
- Transformer Panel: To study different transformer polyphase connections, parallel operation and load sharing of transformer, polarity test, open circuit and short circuit test to evaluate efficiency of transformer.
- Induction motor-D.C. generator set: The panel consists of 3 ph, 5 h.p. induction motor with DOL starter and 3 kW D.C. shunt generator to find different performance characteristics of generator.
- Synchronous motor Panel: To study effects of excitation on armature current and p.f. of synchronous motor.
- Induction motor Panel: consists of 3 ph, 5 h.p. induction motor with brake drum arrangement to find performance characteristics of motor like torque, slip, efficiency etc.
- Universal motor Panel: To study the operation of motor on A.C. and D.C. supply and evaluate performance characteristics.
Lab also includes the kits for measurement of various electrical quantities like power, resistance, energy, resonance, illumination etc.
All the measuring instruments are panel mounted and connections are done by patch cords.